Fixed Pier Set
- Finish : Anodized Machined Aluminum
- Includes : Fixed Pier Long, Fixed Pier Short, Barrel-End Stainless Steel Cable 120 in (10 ft) / 305 cm or 240 in (20 ft) / 610 cm, Cable Stop, Spring, Allen Key, 2X #6 x 1¼ in. screws and TripleGrip™ anchors, 2X #6 x 2 in. wood screw
- Installation Surface : Ceiling, Floor
- Weight Capacity : 150 lbs / 68 Kg (per pier)
- Cable Presentation : Tensioned
Fixed Piers are used to attach a tensioned cable to ceilings and floors (or other opposing horizontal surfaces) and are most often used in pairs (two cables). They may be used in window openings to create displays, near walls to cause a floating effect or perpendicular to perimeter walls to establish a divider. These Fixed Piers are our heavy-duty solution as the cable may span as far as 20 feet. These are only to be used with cables running in a vertical axis, never in a horizontal manner. As illustrated, the short pier should always be used at the upper location.
The hardware included in this assortment may be used to mount a pier base to brick, cement, plaster, ceramic surfaces and structural wood. Optionally, to mount the piers to gypsum board (drywall) please also order our Mounting Plates, which include Wing Toggles.
It is the responsibility of the installer to select the proper mounting hardware for a particular installation.
Rated strength: While the Upper Pier and supplied cable are rated for 150 lbs. when installed by fastening into structural wood with the appropriate fastener and the fastener is engaged 1” or more into lumber the weight capacity of an individual pier/steel cable may be as low as 10 lbs., or less (static load), depending on the mounting hardware and installation technique. Actual capacity is dependent upon the installation. It is the responsibility of the installer to select the correct fastener for a particular installation.
- SKU U551z
- Material Aluminum
- Finish Anodized Machined Aluminum
- Includes Fixed Pier Long, Fixed Pier Short, Barrel-End Stainless Steel Cable 120 in (10 ft) / 305 cm or 240 in (20 ft) / 610 cm, Cable Stop, Spring, Allen Key, 2X #6 x 1¼ in. screws and TripleGrip™ anchors, 2X #6 x 2 in. wood screw
- Installation Surface Ceiling, Floor
- Weight Capacity 150 lbs / 68 Kg (per pier)
- Cable Presentation Tensioned
- Installation Skill Do-It-Yourself
- Product Marking =AS=
- Legacy Systems Families Tensioned Cable System