Fixed Pier, Short
Art & Picture Hanging Systems
Our Fixed Pier Short attaches a cable/cord to ceilings to suspend panels, pictures, signage, etc. This architectural hardware is finished with a rich anodization and made of high quality aluminum.
- Finish : Anodized: Silver, Black (over machined aluminum)
- Includes : Fixed Pier base and body, #6 x 2 in. wood screw, #6 x 1¼ in. screw and TripleGrip™ anchor. If ordered with either Mounting Plate types, the assortment will also include Wing Toggle bolts.
- Installation Surface : Ceiling
- Weight Capacity : 150 lb (68 kg) per pier
- Cable Presentation : Suspended, Tensioned
Our Fixed Pier Short is used to attach a steel cable or a nylon cord to a ceiling, or another similar surface, to suspend panels, pictures, etc. The hanging cable is oriented in a vertical axis. However, when used in a typical tensioned cable installation this pier should be paired with a Fixed Pier, Long, which contains the dampening spring. The Fixed Pier Long would be positioned in the bottom location.
This architectural hardware may also be used as a point of attachment in an overhead location where a hanging cable is simply suspended from above and terminates at a sign, for example.
All visible components in this assortment, body, base and mounting plates, are finished with a luxurious anodized hard surface. The parts are CNC machined from solid aluminum.
This architectural hardware is not approved for use where cables would be deployed in a horizontal axis. Note that in a tensioned application nylon cords must not be used.
The Fixed Pier, Short may be purchased with an optional Mounting Plate. Mounting Plates are intended for use when the Pier is to be mounted to gypsum board, or other similar brittle surfaces, and there will be some weight or tension applied to it. The plates also include a Wing Toggle anchor to be used in place of a plastic screw anchor. Wing Toggle anchors require a larger hole in the drywall board in order for the toggle wings to gain access to the backside of the gypsum board, thus the need for the Mounting Plates to cover the hole and spread compression forces across a larger area.
There are two versions of Mounting Plates to choose from. Mounting Plate Round, most common, is a 1.5-inch diameter circular plate. The other option, the Mounting Plate Half Moon, has the same diameter but is trimmed on one edge to allow it to be mounted closer to an obstruction, such as a ceiling or a wall, within 0.5-inch from the obstacle. Both plates include a recessed area on either side, which automatically center the Fixed Pier on the plate.
The hardware included in this basic assortment may be used to mount a pier base to brick, cement, plaster, ceramic surfaces and structural wood. To mount the piers to gypsum board (drywall) please order with your choice of Mounting Plates.
It is the responsibility of the installer to select the proper mounting hardware for a particular installation.
Rated strength: The Fixed Pier, Short is rated for 150 lbs. when installed by fastening into structural wood with the appropriate fastener being engaged 1” or more into lumber. However, the weight capacity of an individual pier/steel cable may be as low as 10 lbs., or less (static load), depending on the mounting hardware and installation technique. Actual capacity is dependent upon the installation. It is the responsibility of the installer to select the correct fastener for a particular installation.
AS recommended by leading experts, and your neighbours!
Let us ASsist you with your project!
- SKU U554x
- Material Aluminum
- Finish Anodized: Silver, Black (over machined aluminum)
- Includes Fixed Pier base and body, #6 x 2 in. wood screw, #6 x 1¼ in. screw and TripleGrip™ anchor. If ordered with either Mounting Plate types, the assortment will also include Wing Toggle bolts.
- Installation Surface Ceiling
- Weight Capacity 150 lb (68 kg) per pier
- Cable Presentation Suspended, Tensioned
- Installation Skill Do-It-Yourself
- Product Marking =AS=
- Legacy Systems Families Tensioned Cable System