Fixed Pier, Long
- Finish : Anodized: Silver, Black (over machined aluminum)
- Includes : Fixed Pier base and body / #6 x 2 in. wood screw / #6 x 1¼ in. screw and TripleGrip™ anchor. If ordered with either Mounting Plate types, the assortment will also include Wing Toggle bolts.
- Installation Surface : Floor
- Weight Capacity : 150 lbs / 68 Kg (per pier)
- Cable Presentation : Suspended, Tensioned
This item is generally used as the lower attachment of a cable to a floor, or another similar surface, so a cable is oriented in a vertical axis. When used in this manner it is generally matched with a Fixed Pier, Short to affix the cable at the upper location. However, for specific design purposes this long pier may also be used in the upper position, as well.
This pier is not approved for use where cable would be deployed in a horizontal axis. Also, of note, if the cable is to be held in tension a nylon cord shall not be used.
All visible components in this assortment, body, base and mounting plates, are finished with a luxurious anodized hard surface. The parts are CNC machined from solid aluminum.
The Fixed Pier, Long may be purchased with an optional Mounting Plate. Mounting Plates are intended for use when the Pier is to be mounted to gypsum board, or other similar brittle surfaces, and there will be some weight or tension applied to it. The plates also include a Wing Toggle anchor to be used in place of a plastic screw anchor. Wing Toggle anchors require a larger hole in the drywall board in order for the toggle wings to gain access to the far side of the gypsum board, thus the need for the Mounting Plates to cover the hole and spread compression forces across a larger area.
There are two versions of Mounting Plates to choose from. Type 1 Mounting Plate, most common, is a 1.5-inch diameter circulate plate. The Type 2 Mounting Plate is the same diameter but is trimmed on one edge to allow it to be mounted closer to an obstruction, within 0.5-inch from an obstacle. Both plates include a recessed area on either side, which automatically center the Fixed Pier on the plate.
The hardware included in this basic assortment may be used to mount a pier base to brick, cement, plaster, ceramic surfaces and structural wood. To mount the piers to gypsum board (drywall) please order with your choice of Mounting Plates.
It is the responsibility of the installer to select the proper mounting hardware for a particular installation.
Rated strength: The Fixed Pier, Long is rated for 150 lbs. when installed by fastening into structural wood with the appropriate fastener and the fastener is engaged 1” or more into lumber. However, the weight capacity of an individual pier/steel cable may be as low as 10 lbs., or less (static load), depending on the mounting hardware and installation technique. Actual capacity is dependent upon the installation. It is the responsibility of the installer to select the correct fastener for a particular installation.
- SKU U554z
- Material Aluminum
- Finish Anodized: Silver, Black (over machined aluminum)
- Includes Fixed Pier base and body / #6 x 2 in. wood screw / #6 x 1¼ in. screw and TripleGrip™ anchor. If ordered with either Mounting Plate types, the assortment will also include Wing Toggle bolts.
- Installation Surface Floor
- Weight Capacity 150 lbs / 68 Kg (per pier)
- Cable Presentation Suspended, Tensioned
- Installation Skill Do-It-Yourself
- Product Marking =AS=
- Legacy Systems Families Tensioned Cable System